hair, skin, nails
Program Level - Graduate Certificate
Program Length - 54 weeks
- Acquire knowledge of laws and rules regulating California’s cosmetology establishment practices.
- Acquire the knowledge of sanitation and sterilization as related to all functions of hair, skin, and nails.
- Acquire the knowledge of subjects relative to cosmetology including anatomy, physiology, chemistry and the theory relative to the practical procedures to be performed.
Skills to Be Developed
- The proper use of implements relative to all cosmetology services.
- The ability to properly analyze the scalp, face and hands to identify any disorders prior to performing services.
- The procedures and terminology used in performing all cosmetology services.
- The application of daytime and evening make-up, including the application of false strip eyelashes.
- The proper procedure of manicuring to include water and oil manicure and pedicure.
- The application of brushed-on nails, nail wraps, and nail tips.
Attitudes and Appreciations to Be Developed
- Learn to appreciate good workmanship common to cosmetology.
- Develop a positive attitude toward the public and your fellow workers.
- Learn and Appreciate honesty and integrity.
- Learn to act professionally, especially when dealing with patrons and colleagues.
Financial aid is a mechanism that reduces out-of-pocket costs that the student and/or the student’s parents must pay to obtain a specific postsecondary education.
Download our student disclosures.
How to Enroll
Enroll in this program today!